Announcing the Get Out and Explore Contest. We are looking for some interesting pictures, stories or videos of some of the adventures in your life.
Tell us about a special road trip. It can be a picture or story from a day trip or an extended vacation. We offer bonus points if you can include your Clarington Toyota somewhere in the picture or the story. Hey, it is our contest!
Each week we will award a copy of 'Waterfalls of Ontario' book to the best picture or story submission.
Our Grand Prize is a Canon EOS Rebel T7, 18-55 lens, 32 GB memory card and a Canon gadget bag (A $600 Value).
Just look at the wondrous waterfalls found in virtually every corner of Ontario. From the shores of Lake Huron to the Ottawa Valley, waterfalls are magical places that continue to play a role in our lives. We draw power, find adventure and feel inspired by them. You cannot look at a waterfall and not be moved.
Each week we will feature a different waterfall from 'Waterfalls of Ontario' published by Firefly Books. We have hand-picked a varied selection. Some are familiar. Some may surprise you. All of them are beautiful and worth the trip.
This province has some of the most fabulous scenery anywhere. So, let us get out and experience it.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, be sure to check ahead of time to make sure the location you plan to visit is open.
You can email your submission to us: email@example.com.
Like us on Facebook. Look for one of our contest posts and add your picture and/story. https://www.facebook.com/ClaringtonToyota/
You can also submit through Facebook Messenger.
Like our Instagram Page. Tag us when you upload your picture and/story. https://www.instagram.com/claringtontoyota/
You can also submit through Instagram Direct.
We monitor and manage all these places. Just make sure, we can get back in touch.
Entries are judged by our select committee.
We will award a copy of 'Waterfalls of Ontario' each week to the best story or picture.
Our Grand Prize is a Canon Rebel T7 DSLR Camera, Lens, Memory Card and Gadget Bag!
If you are a fan and want a copy of 'Waterfalls of Ontario' to add to your own library, you will love it. Published by Firefly Books, it is beautifully produced with lots of amazing images combined with maps and detailed directions to fully appreciate each one. Follow its suggested walking routes to the best viewing angles. All 125 waterfalls are organized by region with a ranking of size and type. Take it with you as a guide book or leave it on your coffee table as a conversation starter. Find your copy here:
Follow Firefly Books!
This Week’s Waterfall*
The Hog's Back Falls (eastern Ontario) – Page 104
Description: Also known as the Prince of Wales Falls, this has long been a popular spot for an afternoon stroll, bird-watching and painting. The river falls about 7 to 8 meters (23 to 26 ft.) over a reach about 200 meters (650 ft.) long. Although this waterfall is in the middle of the city, its surroundings are not quite as sterile as at Rideau Falls, 12 kilometers (8 mi.) down- stream. A high concrete retaining wall part way along the left bank ruins some of the natural beauty, but does afford a safe view of the giant cascade. The trail along the top of the retaining wall leads to a few not-so-secret fishing spots below the falls. The falls are within Hog’s Back Park, which has a little snack bar and walking trails.
*Photo Credit © George Fischer, taken from "Waterfalls of Ontario, 3rd Edition" by Mark Harris
- You live in Ontario.
- You do not have to buy anything.
- You do not have to pay to enter.
- We plan to include your stories or pictures through social media and on our website, nothing more.
- The judges’ decisions are final. Recounts are for politicians.
- The pictures/stories/videos must be your work. No plagiarism. We will check for ‘cut and paste’ submissions. Not only is it dishonest, it spoils the fun. Just saying.
- Do not worry about ‘professional quality’. We want fun, interesting, educational, or entertaining pictures and stories. You do not have to be a photographer or wordsmith. But most of us have been on an adventure or two, so go for it. Share with us.
- We cannot be responsible for anything that happens on these adventures. Just be careful, have fun and enjoy the trip.
- Be sure to check ahead of time to make sure your desired destination is open and functioning because of COVID-19 restrictions. It is only common sense.
- The contest closes on October 31st, 2020. We will select the FINAL 5 entries which will be posted on our Facebook Page and Instagram Page. The most popular entry from the FINAL 5 will win the Grand Prize.
- We will select the Grand Prize Winner based on the votes (received between October 31 and November 5) on November 6, 2020 at Clarington Toyota. The winner will be notified by phone, email, or instant message. We will find you.
- You cannot substitute prizes. If you do not want a ‘Waterfalls of Ontario’ book or do not like Canon cameras for some reason. Try re-gifting instead. Someone in your family or one of your friends will love you.
- There you have it. The contest is not complicated. It is easy to enter. We have nice prizes. And it is a great reason to get out of the house and enjoy this great province.
- Have fun!
- Got another question? firstname.lastname@example.org